Brrr! It’s cold, but that won’t keep the Kyle City Council from meeting on January 2, 2018.
Here’s the agenda.
Kyle City Hall, 100 W. Center St., Kyle, Texas 78640
Notice is hereby given that the governing body of the City of Kyle, Texas will meet at 7:00 PM on January 2, 2018, at Kyle City Hall, 100 W. Center St., Kyle, Texas 78640, for the purpose of discussing the following agenda.
Call Meeting to Order
II. Approval of Minutes
1. City Council Meeting Minutes – December 5, 2017. ~ Jennifer Vetrano, City Secretary
III. Citizen Comment Period with City Council
The City Council welcomes comments from Citizens early in the agenda of regular meetings. Those wishing to speak are encouraged to sign in before the meeting begins. Speakers may be provided with an opportunity to speak during this time period on any agenda item or any other matter concerning city business, and they must observe the three-minute time limit.
Consideration of Nominations for appointment to the Kyle Parks and Recreation Board. ~ Kerry Urbanowicz, Director of Parks and Recreation
Chuck Koenen, Seat 3
Amanda Stark, Seat 5
Consideration of nominations for appointment to the Library Board. ~ Paul Phelan, Director of Library Services
Kathy Ryan to an unexpired term ending September 30, 2018
Evelyn Gates to a full term ending September 30, 2019
Gracie Rocha to a full term ending September 30, 2019
4. Consider appointment to board position 3 on the Alliance Regional Water Authority Board of Directors. ~ Travis Mitchell, Mayor
V. Consent Agenda
Authorize execution of a 12-month professional services agreement with CATALYST COMMERCIAL, INC., Dallas, Texas, for total consulting fees in the amount of $24,500.00 plus reimbursable expenses at 115 percent of actual costs to provide services related to developing retail business growth and recruitment strategies in the City of Kyle for the period January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018. ~ Diana Torres, Director of Economic Development
6. Authorize award and execution of a Purchase Order to SKYMAN CONSTRUCTION CORPORATION, New Braunfels Texas, in an amount not to exceed $30,000.00 for the temporary removal and re-installation of radio equipment installed by Verizon wireless under a lease agreement on the City’s Dacy Lane Water Tower in order to complete scheduled water tank rehabilitation work. ~ Harper Wilder, Director of Public Works
VI. Consider and Possible Action
(Second Reading) An Ordinance amending Chapter 53 (Zoning) of the City of Kyle, Texas, for the purpose of assigning original zoning to approximately 1.082 acres of land from Agriculture ‘AG’ to Retail Service District ‘RS’ for property located at 1049 Windy Hill Road and to assign original zoning to approximately 5.533 acres of land from Agriculture ‘AG’ to Multi-Family Residential-3 ‘R-3-3’ for properties located at 1001, 1003 and 1049 Windy Hill Road, in Hays County, Texas. (Asifali Karowalia – Z-17-019) ~ Howard J. Koontz, Director of Planning and Community Development
Planning and Zoning Commission voted 4-2 to recommend approval for a more restrictive zoning district of R-3-2 and R/S, adjusting the R-3-2 district to 5.714 acres and reducing the R/S district to 0.901 acres.
City Council voted 6-1 to recommend approval for a more restrictive zoning district of R-3-2 and R/S, adjusting the R-3-2 district to 5.714 acres and reducing the R/S district to 0.901 acres.
8. (First Reading) An Ordinance amending Section 41-134 to add the Residential Neighborhood Style Guide to the city’s subdivision regulations. ~ Howard J. Koontz, Director of Planning and Community Development
9. (First Reading) An Ordinance of the City of Kyle, Texas authorizing and directing the installation and erection of speed control signs for the zoning of traffic and rate of speed on Kohlers Crossing in the city limits of the City of Kyle; affirming the definition of speeding and fixing a penalty therefor; repealing any ordinance or resolution in conflict; providing a severability clause; and providing an effective date. ~ Leon Barba, P.E., City Engineer
VII. City Manager’s Report
Update on various capital improvement projects, road projects, building program, and/or general operational activities where no action is required. ~ J. Scott Sellers, City Manager
VIII. Executive Session
Pursuant to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, the City Council reserves the right to convene into Executive Session(s) from time to time as deemed necessary during this meeting. The City Council may convene into Executive Session pursuant to any lawful exception contained in Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code including any or all of the following topics.
Pending or contemplated litigation or to seek the advice of the City Attorney pursuant to Section 551.071.
Possible purchase, exchange, lease, or value of real estate pursuant to Section 551.072.
Personnel matters pursuant to Section 551.074.
Deliberate the selection process for appointment of the City Attorney
Deliberate the selection process for appointment of the Ethics Commission Legal Counsel Selection Process
Economic Development negotiations pursuant to Section 551.087.
12. Take action on items discussed in Executive Session.
At any time during the Regular City Council Meeting, the City Council may adjourn into an Executive Session, as needed, on any item listed on the agenda for which state law authorizes Executive Session to be held
*Per Texas Attorney General Opinion No. JC-0169; Open Meeting & Agenda Requirements, Dated January 24, 2000: The permissible responses to a general member communication at the meeting are limited by 551.042, as follows: “SEC. 551.042. Inquiry Made at Meeting. (a) If, at a meeting of a government body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquires about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by the subchapter, the notice provisions of this subchapter, do not apply to:(1) a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; or (2) a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry. (b) Any deliberation of or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.”